Monday, 9 February 2015

Brought to Life

A poem on the state in which I feel alive and connected with the world. I did this as part of a 30 Day Writing course I've joined that makes me write every day (so I'll hopefully be posting a little more often. Hopefully)



As the world retreats to safe shelter,
the rain falls hard on the ground,
creating echoes of silence
between drops.

On the roads devoid of people,
she emerged to embrace
all she could hold of the sky
and the clouds she dreamed 
to sit on, as a child.

As the rain pattered down
on window sills and tree tops,
making the leaves a little greener
(even in the absence of light),
the ground was brought to life
with smells of wet earth
and the empty spaces of the night
were filled by visits 
from fiercely loving winds

She stood and soaked it all in,
wet hair and clothes 
clinging to her body
(she shivered in the cold)
till her soul was set on fire
as the thunder and lightning outside
gave the storm in her a life.

With raging fervour
born from nature,
she danced to the 
orchestra of the elements.
As she spun and she jumped
and in her mind, flew,
released from the hold of the world,
she was free,
and for the first time
she was truly
Alive.

2 comments:

  1. Much more sensual. A step in the right direction. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mahreen. Glad to know you're still reading :']

      Delete